Friday, March 31, 2006

I Blog Therefore I Am

Today is the birthday of Rene Descartes. In recognition of this momentous occasion, I would like to share my favorite Descartes joke.

Rene Descartes is sitting in his seat on an airplane. The flight attendant approaches him and asks, "Coffee or tea?" Descartes replies, "I think not," and he disappears.

You will likely be relieved, but not necessarily surprised, to learn that this is the only Descartes joke I know. Also, should you ever find yourself unable to answer an essay question on a Philosophy 101 final exam, I do not recommend writing down this joke in lieu of an actual answer. Philosophy professors are notorious for their lousy sense of humor.

1 comment:

Bill Fitzgerald said...

I think your version is better because it's the classic "guy walks into a bar" setup. I'll be this one kills at the Faculty Club.