Monday, January 30, 2006

Mailbag ... it's good!

I sent 4 emails to TK today. Here's the one he read, but first, some context. Last week, he was talking about how much the footage of the Hamas victory in the Palestine elections resembled a championship celebration. The victors wore green-billed baseball caps like those donned by the winning team just after the final buzzer, and he half-expected them to talk in sports cliches about the win.

Dear Mr. Tony,

Thanks for the coverage of the Hamas victory last week. I'm a Hamas alum, but I work with a bunch of Fatah guys and they were talking trash right up to the election. This win means so much to all of us who've had to live in the shadow of all those Fatah jerks for so many years. I can't wait to get my Sports Illustrated Souvenir Hamas Championship DVD.

Bill
Phoenix, MD

No comments: