Thursday, November 09, 2006

All Gilbert, All the Time

Okay, this is my last post about Gilbert Arenas this week. Oh, who am I kidding, it's probably my last post of any kind this week. Gil and the Wizards' on again off again season continued last night with 40 points for Arenas and a 26-point win for Zero's Heroes over the Indiana Pacers (sans All Star forward Jermaine O'Neal). The Wiz are now 2-0 at home and 0-2 on the road, and 2-0 when Arenas scores 40 or more. These early blowouts are nice because they let the starters rest and give crucial developmental time to guys like Andray Blatche. As of today, the Wizards' 109.5 points per game leads the league and is nearly two points higher than Phoenix, the second-highest scoring team in the league.

Now, back to Gilbert. I like Arenas and I like to read, but there is almost no way to keep up with all the coverage he has been getting. And he provides so much material that each article contains a new nugget for the Arenas archive. In his NBA Week One review, Bill Simmons pointed out this blog entry by Washington Post writer Michael Lee. Be sure to scroll down to the comment from Thor about Gilbert and Kim Jong Il comparing DVD collections. I had to stop reading and laugh at that one. Also, Dan Steinberg rips yet another Arenas profile, this one by Fred Barnes in Washingtonian Magazine. Yes, Freddie "The Beetle" Barnes from "The McLaughlin Group." Maybe next week, he'll write about his forthcoming rap CD with Morton "Young MK" Kondracke. Finally, FreeDarko is selling a must-have item of Gilbertwear. Once I figure out whether I want the white or the blue, I'll be ordering three, one for each of the men in our house.

No comments: