Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tony Kornheiser to MNF

Mr. Tony confirmed the rumors (and the official announcement from ESPN) that he will be the third man in the booth on Monday Night Football. He will still do PTI and write for the Washington Post, but the radio show seems to be in real jeopardy. Could this be the end of "Bill in Phoenix, Maryland?" I certainly hope not.

On that note, I had two recent mailbag hits.

Yesterday

Dear Mr. Tony,

If it's such a big game, why don't they call it the Chuck Norris Bowl?

Bill
Phoenix, MD


And today:

Dear Mr. Tony,

I generally steer clear of the serious emails, but what you just did for John Feinstein was one of the most generous gestures of friendship I have ever witnessed. I can't believe anyone who has lost a parent or close relative was not moved to tears. What a great thing to be able to do for a friend and a privilege for those of us who got to listen.

Bill
Phoenix, MD

No comments: